Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Updating my blog

So I keep another online journal- and sometimes I forget about this one. So I thought I'd throw some of my posts from the other journal here to update this thing:

Iridescence's Blog > Measuring a summer's day
Sep 11, 2005 17:07:20

So the summer is ending.

I know it.
You know it.

Try as we might to deny it, wearing short skirts and no jackets
Freezing in the wind and the rain- pretending to be tougher than nature- it is slowly coming to its annual demise.

For most, the end of summer brings about a sense of sadness, of nostalgia, and a fear of the winter to come. For many, it is the time that we all return to our every day lives of school, work, and so on...the party is over and the sun is setting on the final days of being carefree.

Notice that I said "most". I am one of the notable exceptions to the "fall blues". I LOVE the fall. In fact, I love the fall almost as much as I LOVE the winter. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I am one of those crazy Northerners who thinks that -20 is temperate and would prefer to ski than to drive to school.

There is something refreshing in the change of seasons. Many perceive it as a time of death. I disagree. I see it rather as the much needed nap you take in between nights of hardcore drinking. You need to rest in order to replenish yourself and to have the strength to do it all over again.

I find peace and beauty in leaveless trees, in ice covered hills, in strikingly cold winds and in softly falling snow. I guess you can take the girl out of the north, but you can never quite take the north out of the girl.

So, Come On Mother Nature: Bring winter on...the sooner the better.

The song remains the same,
~Iridescent

ps: Go see the film Crash- not the Cronenberg one, the Haggis one (not to knock the Cronenberg one- also a brilliant film, released

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home