Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I suck at this whole Blog thing

Alright, so obviously I'm not so good at keeping tabs on my online journal...oh well, I'm sorry. I suck. Anyway, I'm posting now so I'll try to make it worthwhile.

So it's the end of school. The last day of classes has come and gone and I am now neck deep in papers and political science terminology. I know that I say this every year, and this year will be no exception: I'm a moron for leaving everything to the last minute. Seriously, there's only so many 20 page papers you can pump out of your head in one week. In any case, I just wrapped up my second last one (on political partisanship and moral political codes: subconsious into conscious process we use to develop our political behavior). It was actually an interesting paper to write. I thoroughly enjoyed the last 5 hours that I have spent glued to my computer screen, fiercely typing as fast as I can! Yee Haw. In all fairness, it was for my favorite class (Political Science 492: the Psychology of Politics) and so I had been thinking about what to write for a long period of time.

I now have three finals left, which I am certainly not looking forward to. More long days of studying and attempting to keep myself awake by taking in too much coffee...I am certain that, for the third year in a row, I will make my ulcer act up on caffeine and I'll have to coffee free for the entire X-mas break. Sad for me.

So, on a completely unrelated note: I've been cheating. I'm generally a very loyal person, I will spend years and years as dedicated as can be...but once in a while my wandering eye gets lured away from its true love into the arms of another...or in this case I should perhaps say arm chair since I am referring to a bar and not a person. I have decided to abandon my Avenue Pizza after 4 and a half long years of unending loyalty. I have been won over by another, with better deals, better service (nice staff), better ambiance and all in all better Karaoke...Scholars, my heart is yours. We (my Karaoke Posse) and I have recently begun dividing our attention between Avenue and Scholars when we discovered two things: 1) that Scholars had Karaoke and was cheaper than Ave. and 2) that the Ave had turned into a gossip mongering high-school wannabe hangout for drama queens who "love" EVERY BOY they encounter and wannabe playas looking to hook up with unsuspecting first year sorority girls. I suddenly remembered just how OLD I really am. But seriously, the older group of us, having been pushed the point of insanity by the chaos and confusion, retreated to a new safe haven (which I am tremendously afraid will turn into Avenue if too many people find out about it...probably throwing it on my blog was a bad idea!)

Which leads me to rant number 1001029 of the year...I hate women. I have decided this. And yes, sometimes I even hate myself. You see the problem with my gender, as I've said before and I'll say time and time again, is that we're all insane. Absolute nutcases, every one of us. And not just a little crazy...a whole lot of crazy. Let me explain, I currently live with 7 women. Now you would think that this is where I would be going nuts...but NO! my living arrangements are actually fantastic. My roomates are great, we seldom argue and truthfully don't see a whole lot of each other. Nope the real problem with my living arrangements is that I live in a damn sorority house! That means that there are 20 women in the house virtually at all time. And the problem is that I didn't choose to live with ANY of them. And OH THE DRAMA- girls stealing the boys that the other girls like, snarky comments about the fact that some have "packed on the pounds", rumours about people's relationships, and on and on and on...seriously every day is a like an episode of Dawson's Creek when it's a bad re-run from the first season and nothing good has happened yet. Yuck.

Anyway, i think I'm spent for the moment. Enough procrastination, gotta get back to the books and paper. I love it...X-mas here I come!

Livin' it up,
Zita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home