Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Friday, September 23, 2005

In over my head

Man, this has been a rough week- I've come within two heart beats of quitting my job, quitting school, dropping my thesis and moving to Japan to teach English (which appears to be very trendy right now!). I am overwhelmed. Once again, I have overloaded myself, fully knowing that I was doing so, and I don't even have enough time to have the much needed cry I much deserve.

I haven't slept in 36 hours- I need a nap. I hate surveys- I want them to die. I never see my roommate, and in all honesty, life has been pretty lonely- my computer isn't particularly good company, and unfortuantely Rufus (yep, that's his name) is the only thing I have tying me to the real world sometime. I have no energy and I feel drained- I don't even care how well i do anymore, which is a pretty big indication that I'm going to have to make some pretty major changes.

I wish I understood how to do things in moderation. I wish I understood how to say "no" to my boss or my prof or my friends. I wish I could sleep, and not stay up all night working on a stupid project that I haven't actually cared about since May. I wish I had never gotten a laptop, since I bring it with me everywhere and have become obessed by it- Rufus even comes to the bar with me sometimes. How tragic is that? Well, the alternative is not ever going out and having no social life whatsoever.

I really wish that when people knew that I had killed myself to do something for them, and obviously went above and beyond the call of duty, they would say thank you instead of criticizing me or how I did it. I wish that people would not treat me as their personal secretary, I wish that those who aren't envelopped by the SU lifestyle would understand that I just CAN'T see them, it's not that I don't want to- I have no time.

I want this year to end- and it's only september.

Or maybe I just need a nap- that's probably it.

Looking forward to re-retirement,

Zita

7 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger halbadorn said…

    Awww hun I love you so much. I hate the fact that you have been uber stressed out and sleep deprived. I know what one of my triggers is. And I've realized how stupid it has been.

    Try to take care and hopefully I can see you tonight. I tried calling you but your cell phone automatically jumps to your answering machine.

    <3
    Tasha

     
  • At 8:01 PM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I appreciate your work Zita!

    And you know I'm all about thoroughness and data. So an SU survey full of data, thoroughly analyzed is very important to me! Thank you for prepping something I'm sure to give a read and think about!

    But first, go take a nap. Relax over this weekend—you need a break once in a while. You'll be a bit more into things on Monday.

    - Mustafa Hirji

     
  • At 1:00 AM, September 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey girl,
    It's Ash, Don't get too stressed I know what's it like...it sucks..but you need to get out and relax a bit or take a nap. You're strong and you can get through it...people need to appreciate you..love you lots
    ash

     
  • At 7:17 AM, September 24, 2005, Blogger J Rae said…

    Don`t get discouraged. I wish I was there to have a chat/bitch session and a beer at schollars, but a post on your blog will have to do. Try to take care and don`t take crap from anyone.

    They suck and you rock!

    Lot`s of love, Jackie

     
  • At 3:50 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Veebz said…

    Don't Worry, Be Happy, Not Sad.
    Come to Karaoke for some hamu hamu party!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, September 25, 2005, Blogger Beatrice said…

    I completely understand... your feelings have pretty much echoed mine about the past month. My world is crazy, and not in fun ways.

    *hugs*

     
  • At 12:15 AM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you.
    and I don't remember that "identity" I made up. Such a loser, hey?
    love always
    J-9

     

Post a Comment

<< Home