Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Monday, February 20, 2006

New Song!

SWEET!

"Amazing" is well on its way to being done. It's a very different style for me- very simple, Just a basic piano, with very simple melody and poetry. I have done so much composing lately it's stupid- and I found myself focusing more on trying new things and developing my skills in terms of musical complexity than actually just letting the song write itself. So this one is super simple, cause that's the way it was when I first played it. And it felt right. Which is a good feeling. The lyrics are on www.poetryandpromises.blogspot.com

Anyway...
Otherwise, as far as updates go, there's so much to say and yet nothing to say at all. When I get like that, I tend to lean towards saying nothing. Contrary to popular belief, I try to avoid controversy. But, like the psycho ex-girlfriend she is, controversy always seems to find me. What can you do? I often ask myself how I find myself in the silly situations that I do. I have a feeling a lot of it is lack of forsight, trusting in things that 'seemed like a good idea at the time', and allowing myself to fall into patterns that I have been fighting for years. At the end of the day, I'm just a silly girl. Can't help it.

SU elections are starting up again. i am pretty excited about the list of candidates. There are some excellent names there and lots of choice for the electorate. I will be taking a very very back seat role- compared to the 4 years prior to this. Maybe I can actually ENJOY Myer for a change!

The strange thing about being sick is how disconnected you feel from reality. I don't get out the way I used to and am finding myself going days or weeks at a time without speaking to some of my closest and dearest friends. It's not personal guys- it's just been a hell of a year so far. But for those of you I haven't seen in a while, you are all in my thoughts. I look forward to copious amounts of caffeine with all of you!

I just discovered that the acronym for my illness is NHL. That makes me pretty happy. Also, as fun as the Olympics are, I am looking forward to having NHL hockey season back. I miss the hockey night in Canada theme. It is the sound of angels to my bored ears.

I just heard the worst "quasi polka-ish, makes me want to poke my eyes out with a rusty hanger" version of Zeppelin's Stairway to Heavy. A little part of me died. Almost as bad as Tom Jones singing Black Betty, but NO WHERE NEAR as amusing.

Today I went to Chuck E Cheese for my friend's daughter's birthday. I discovered that, contrary to popular belief, I DO have an inner child. It was nice to turn my brain off for a few hours and enjoy some hardcore skee-ball action. I also kick ass on the strength machine, though I did categorize myself as a 4 and Under Year Old girl. Oh well, it was worth it. I got a slinky!

Off to Calgary for a few days. Gotta get some best friend lovin'. While I'm at it, I might try resting and re-balancing my internal clock. It can not be normal to go to bed every morning at 8 am. Silly insomnia.

Wow, I must be bored. This is an actual post. Huh. Who would've thought!
Anyway, I'm done now.

Livin', Lovin',
Zita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home