Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sweet Sweet Times

Alright,
So like usual my life has been a bit of a rollercoaster. However, I am going to make a concerted effort to post more on my blog over the next year so as to be able to record all my favorite memories since my Alzheimer's is starting to get to me... I also got a digital camera for christmas and this will give me a chance to post some pics too.

So Christmas was the best break ever. I spent it alone with my mom in the Great White North and it was a week of pure bonding and bliss (with the occasional case of wine). In fact, I even extended my stay, which has never happened for me before since usually I need to escape from my mom very early in the visit. This is not because we don't get along, but for some reason we just aren't able to communicate as well as we'd like...it usually ends up with me telling her that she knows nothing about me and her replying that "that's no one's fault but your own!"....Good times. However, this break, nothing like that! It was awesome. We laughed, we played scrabble, we went boxing day shopping at 6 am (yea Future Shop), I gave her the scrapbook that I made (I'm SO good) and we cried and reminisced...it was amazing. I have never felt so comfortable with her in my life. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

New Year's was a bit of a fiasco...a few interested situations erupted that, as much as I love the international web community, I feel compelled to skip over in this post. But let's just say, all the drama that I had managed to avoid in my visit to Grande Prairie came back to haunt me on the 31st. But that's alright because the last few days have more than made up for it.

On the first, I went blind. I wound up scratching my eye in four places and it got really sore and swollen so I couldn't see for two days. That sucked. But did I manage to make it to Chris Johnstone's going away party??? I SURE DID! Cause I'm a superstar...or I'm just that much of a bar-addict...don't know for sure. I'm pretty sad that Chris left since he's one of my best friends but I'm sure that he'll do well out in Saskatchewan. It's weird to think of Chris doing the non-Frat thing but maybe it will all be for the best. I look forward to seeing him again, that's for sure.

The fourth was the first Karaoke of the New Year....for those who know me, I'm also a bit of a Karaoke addict (I really gotta work on this addiction issue I have...I seem to have a lot of vices...oh well!) It was good times, and after this blog I will post a few pictures of the evening. I love Scholar's and karaoke and it was great to see all my friends for the first time since the break began.

Last night was one of the Pi Phis birthday parties- we went bowling. Most of the girls went to the strippers afterwards but Victoria and I decided to go to Scholars' (again!) for a night cap and some girl time. Little did we know that we would run into some of our friends and wind up having the best time ever, without a microphone of course. After several hours of laughing it up at the bar (again, pictures will follow), we went back to their frat house (Zeta Psi) to play Simpson's Jeopardy- which never really happened cause our attention span was lacking. Instead, we tried to hold a seance and channel the spirit of Jimi Hendrix and Marilyn Monroe...but those bastards were too good for us and ignored us all night. The seance turned into the funniest game of truth or dare ever! Good times. By 4:30 am we were all pretty exhausted...anyway, that's enough about that story...I didn't get much sleep.

Tonight, more Karaoke at Avenue- yee haw! I love my routine. It rocks.
I'll post pics, once I figure out how to do it.

Livin', Lovin',
Zita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home