Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Reflections of 2006

Well, once again the year is wrapping up- some things are coming to an end, some things are just beginning...I figure this year, as monumentous as it was, is worth noting so that one day I can look back and remember that I survived 2006.

January-April: There really is no other way to remember these months aside from the fact that I was sick. This kind of controlled every aspect of my life. Brushing shoulders with Death is an experience that I hope not to live again for a long, long time. It's amazing to think that it was only a year ago, but these months were the longest of my life. I am so fortunate to have had my friends, my family and my love holding my hands through it all. I don't know if I would have made it without them. Being sick has definately allowed me put many things in perspective. The first is, you are, in many ways, the product of those who love you. But you are not ONLY the product of those who surround you. There is an internal essence, a drive, that forces you to survive regardless of obstacles. When push comes to shove, the only thing you can rely on is yourself- everything else can support you, but the drive needs to come from within. Also, life is precious- much too precious to be wasted on those who have nothing good to say about you, or anyone else. Surround yourself with people you love, and people who love you. This is the true road to happiness. Possibly the lowest point of my life.

April-August: Well, I turned 25. Scary. Thought a lot about where I am going, and what I am doing. Found my niche in my relationship, which just keeps getting stronger every day. Visited Ryan in Vancouver and had the weekend of my life! Witnessed the closing of Keegans, and the end of an era. Decided to work retail...bad idea. Had an amazing summer filled with drinks, laughter, memories and friends. I am so lucky for everything I have! Fell in love...with my cat. Lost my cat. Sad. Started feeling much better. Chemo sucks, I don't recommend it. Had too many surgeries...spent too much time in bed. Almost lost my friend over a miscommunication. Got her back eventually. Survived a crazy roommate. Lost some friends, made some new ones. Lost Miles on his birthday. Spent lots of time on "Zitopia". Spent a lot of time with Antoine. All in all, a good point in my life.

Sept-December: The High point of the year. Went back to school. Started to waitress again (which I love...I had forgotten how much I love it). Had an amazing one year anniversary with the love of my life. Celebrated Conor's birthday. Forgot to dress up for Hallowe'en! Spent too many mornings in bed, snuggling and not cleaning. Had the apartment to myself (and Jason) for three months. Never want to live without him again. Spent lots of time with my new work collegues. Made one of them my new roommate! Did well in school. Survived the finals week from hell! had the best pre-Christmas month of my life...spent too much money and wanted to buy EVERYTHING for Jason, and my friends. Made plans for the New Year, including a group party for Ron White, tickets for Eric Clapton and possible spring break plans! It's not Christmas yet, so I'll comment on that later. I think these months may have been the best months I have ever lived. I can't even begin to express how happy I am, how loved I feel and how excited I am for 2007.

On the agenda for 2007:
January: MY LAST TERM OF SCHOOL (assuming all goes well health wise)
Work: I like my job. I want to stay there. It rocks.
Home: Moving in with Jason at his house. Big step. Exciting step. I'm going to have a dishwasher!!!
Heart: I can't imagine life without Jason. I know that 2007 holds many more memories for us.
Travel: Possibly working on a cruise ship? I'll keep you posted!
Family: Sad that I can't be with them for Christmas. Building bonds with my family will be a high priority this year.
Friends: I'd be perfectly happy to never make a new friend again, as long as I don't lost the ones I have now. They rock.
Fun Stuff: ERIC CLAPTON!!! WHOO HOO!!! Ron White. Road trip to Vancouver? Only time will tell...

So that's it, my few scant reflections on time passed and things to come.

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New Year!!!

Lovin', Lovin' and still just a woman...
Zita

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love our yearly reflections! i am so glad that you had so many amazing things happen and so sad that so many crappy things occurred. I love you and miss you like crazy!
    ~V

     

Post a Comment

<< Home