Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Overwhelmed

So this has been quite the week.
It's funny, cause I'm not usually the type of person who gets easily fazed by things. I tend to be able to take most things in stride- I vent a lot, so I probably seem a lot more angry and emotional than I really am- but the truth is, it takes an awful lot for me to genuinely get upset.

The problem is, the more I get genuinely upset, the more I keep things inside. The more afraid I am, the more unlikely I am to say anything about it. The more I love, the more I run away.

This has, in all honesty, it's fair share of ups. I mean, to be honest, I kind of like how crytic I can be and get a kick out of people saying that they don't know how to read me...I find it pretty amusing seeing as I don't consider myself to be particularly complex. However, as you can imagine, this particular aspect of my personality comes with its fair share of downs.

There has been a lot going on in my life in the last month- for those of you who know me, you'll understand what I'm referring to, and for those of you who are confused, ask me in person cause I'm not going into detail on the internet. It's all left me a little on the overwhelmed side- though I'm not really sure how "little" the overwhelmed side can be. I am finding myself behaving in ways that are pretty foreign to me, and my veneer of strength is starting to show its failings.
For the first time, people that I have known for years are beginning to see that I'm far more sensitive than I actually let on. I suppose this is okay- most of these people are friends of mine. However, I'm finding that people treat you very differently when they know that you're going through a bit of a hard time. And that sucks.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, so I'm going to end it.
But really quickly- please don't treat me like I'm glass that's going to break in your hands just cause I'm having a rough day. I'm not broken.

Zita

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm, hadn't noticed... is that bad?
    I think for you a "low" is actually on par with most people's "normal", you're just too used to being "high".

    Peace and love, but stay away from rock-and-roll.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home