Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Friday, October 21, 2005

It's just a state of mind

Say yes…

You’re standing there in front of your crowd
The audience that you cart around
Just in case you feel like performing
And let’s be honest, you always feel like performing

Because life’s a stage when you’re too afraid to be yourself

So I watch you from the corner of my eye
Just an outsider, taking in the show
But our eyes met once- it was enough to know
I know more of you then they all do

You dropped your gaze, you dropped your act and you fell.

And now, I see through you
And the are holes inside your script
The actor’s just a hypocrite
And now that I know you
I am learning to despise
How you always need to hide

So when I ask you to come in closer
And I expect you to say no
You could change it all
If you just let it go
And said yes…

We’re dancing slowly on an empty stage
The objects of the whole room’s gaze
But somehow we hardly know that they’re there
When I’m in your arms, you’re everywhere

And everything I know- body and soul, I am full

But I feel you pull away, you’re afraid
That these castles that you’ve built could crash
I am not an army storming at your door
So I won’t demand and I know better than to ask

I’ll let you go- Deep down I know I can not win

And now that I love you
I know you’ll run away
And I won’t beg you to stay
Now that I’ve lost you
Do you know how close we came
To being happy?

But had I asked you to come in closer
And not expected to hear 'no'
Could I have changed it all
If I had just let it go
And said please…

Would you have said yes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home