Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Turn Around

Labelling post still in progress- it will come, I promise :P

Suzie gets an awful lot of action from me when I'm upset. Fear and grief can do wonders for kickstarting creativity.
Might be joining a jazz band- that would rock my socks.

Turn around

You know, I could recognize your back anywhere
The slant of your shoulders, the tint of your hair
Your height, your width, the size of your waist
I think I know your back even better than your face

I guess it isn’t that bad, as far as views go
But I kinda like the front of you better, you know
There something about looking at someone in the eyes
Seeing what is deeper, seeing beyond the lies

But isn’t that why you turned away
It’s easier to walk than it is to stay
If you looked at me you’d know I’m the best that you’ve found
But to look at me you would have to first turn back around

You must have been scared as you walked to the door
I know I’ve seen you wearing that mask before
I must have done wrong, dug a little too deep
But if it’s corn that you sow, then it’s corn that you reap

Isn’t that really why you turned away
Frightened by all the things I might say
Cause you just might slip, and it would be unsound
But to slip you would have to first turn back around

And I’m wondering if it would have been that wrong
To stay a little later, for looks to linger too long
But there’s no point pretending you were willing to try
So if it’s easier for you, then let’s live with the lie

Cause I think that’s why you turned away
If I get any closer then you’ll want me to stay
So you can win this battle, you can have your victory crown
But I won’t sit here and wait for you to turn back around

5 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Zita...
    This is of topic but I was checking up and coming events and On march 9, 2006 there is an evening with former president Bill Clinton. Tickets through ticket master. I know how you like politics so, I thought I would let you know.
    Danielle

     
  • At 12:57 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Zita Dube said…

    Hi Danielle!
    Thanks for letting me know. I will certainly look into it.
    I hope you are doing well- and had a fantastic holiday.
    If ever you feel like sharing in some Karaoke action, I host on Thursdays and Fridays at the H20 on whyte avenue. Drop me a line sometime and we'll go for a drink.

    Zita

     
  • At 1:12 AM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Z! I love your poetry, as always. You need to play the piano again for me! Some drunken night when I can't make it home I suppose :) And I promise to not drive through your stoned neighbour's window, again.

    -Trev

     
  • At 9:58 PM, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Zita Dube said…

    Wow. That's awesome.
    Actually the situation in question had nothing to do with me. I am upset and angry over other situations in my life. Turn Around is a project that I am working on as an attempt to write something for accoustic guitar. I actually got the idea from a movie. But thanks for the positive feedback.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home