Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Enough

Melancholy phase over....now!
No more bad poetry, no more 5 am sessions with Suzie, no more feeling sad for no particular reason. Enough.

Whew- I feel better- now it's time to put things back together.

Melancholy doesn't happen to me very often but when it hits, it hits with a serious vengeance. It can take me weeks to get out of it. I know why and when it happens- always at the end of October and the beginning of November (months that are marred with an unbearably poor taste in my mouth and in my memory). But this year I'm snapping out of it early.

There's a lot more to melancholy than meets the eye. It's usually a state of mind brought on by a combination of various factors- you focus on one or two in particular because it's easier and quite frankly the ones you focus on are rarely the largest cause for your discontent.

I have several- my acquaintances know of one. My friends knows of two. My best friend probably knows of 4 or 5 (that we've discussed). I can count somewhere around 17. Then I stopped counting.

I'm not one of those melancholy people who likes to plague others with my state of general unease. That's why I usually get pretty anti-social. I don't want to see anyone, do anything and most importantly, I don't want to talk about it. So i sit with my piano til all hours of the morning, go without sleep, lose a few pounds (the only real perk aside from a streak of creativity) and hibernate in my room.

Anyway, just a simple explanation for any erratic behavior I may have displayed for the last couple of weeks. I suck.
Thanks for your patience to those who were there.

And now I'm done for the year.

Zita

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home