Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Friday, October 28, 2005

A few thoughts

I used to think that love was only pure and true if it was mutual. Now, as I grow older, I realize that this isn't the case. Love- in it's many shades and textures- isn't always reciprocated. And if it is reciprocated, it isn't always returned in the same form or with the same meaning. You can love someone who will never understand the depth of truth of your emotions. The true gift of love is when the stars align and the feelings you have a mutual. It is a rare phenomenon.

Also, women should wear clothes that fits them- clothes that reveal every little gross roll is not hot. That's right ladies. NOT HOT! While we're at it, dude- too much makeup is also not hot. And throwing yourself at guys who are obviously not into you- NOT HOT. Man, my gender drives me beserk sometimes- or at least, the crazy elements of my gender drive me crazy sometimes

Finally, a few lyrics. Ani Difranco's As Is- it's like she read my mind.

you can't hide
behind social graces
so don't try
to be all touchy feely
cuz you lie
in my face of all places
but I got no
problem with that really
what bugs me
is that you believe what you're saying
what bothers me
is that you don't know how you feel
what scares me
is that while you're telling me stories
you actually
believe that they are real
I get no illusions about you
guess what
I never did
when I said
when I said I'll take it
I meant
I meant as is
just give up
and admit you're as asshole
you would be
in some good companyand I think you'd find
that your friends would forgive you
or maybe I
am just speaking for me
when I look around
I think this, this is good enough
and I try to laugh
at whatever life brings
cuz when I look down
I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up
I just trip over things
i've got no illusions about you
guess what
I never did
when I say
when I say i'lll take it
I mean
I mean as is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home