Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Monday, March 13, 2006

In calgary

So, mini update of sorts.
Currently in Calgary- for those of you trying to reach me- HA HA I have escaped you all!

Feels pretty good to run away for a few days. Caught up with some old friends. Makes me realize just how quickly time can go by; before you notice it, it has been years without seeing those you care the most about. Certainly some food for thought, particularly after overcoming a life-threatening condition.

Diabetes is gonna suck. I like chocolate. I like sugar. And I'm being a whiny baby, but I HATE pricking my finger this many times in one day. It's like being sleeping beauty but there's no prince, and no hard core make out session. Pretty sad actually.
Just a whole lot of pricking. And not the good kind of pricking- the crappy, my finger tips are bruised kind.

I named my glucometer Severus- why? After the Roman ruler Severus, who maintained a financially and socially sound society- but did so only by the use of extreme military force. So I guess in order to have things work out for the best, sometimes you need a little bloodshed.

Looking forward to having a grip on the illness. Looking forward to getting back to my old self.

I'm really going to miss binge drinking. How sad is that?
On the plus side, I'm now the cheapest drunk ever. Booyah!

Livin', Lovin' and still, just a woman.

Zita

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Roza said…

    You can try and escape,but you know you'll be back:P. Luv Ya

     
  • At 12:49 AM, April 05, 2006, Blogger J Rae said…

    Hi Zita girl, what is this I hear about a suger allergy. I swear you have the luck of Wild E. Coyote at times. Hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you at the end of Aug. and hashing out our lil adventures of the past year.

    Ja ne! (it means `see you` in japanese)

    Jackie :-)

     
  • At 12:00 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey un, sorry to hear abut yur diabetes. If you ever want someone to talk to feel free to send me an email or gve me a call,
    Danielle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home