Zita's Little World

Just a random series of thoughts that run through my head.

Friday, October 21, 2005

More Poetry

Huh- this seems to be a trend for me lately...

A damn good cry
Oct. 19th, 2005

You can take your games and you can shove them
While you’re at it you can swallow up my pride
Cause right now I’m shallow, sunk and sullen
But all I need is a damn good cry

A few more hours, and I won’t even remember
The blood will clot and my scars will heal
Hearts can be soothed with mind over matter
And somehow I will force myself not to feel

Just once- I swear to God
I will only cry over you once

Don’t ask me why I am so angry
Don’t try to tell me that you did nothing wrong
What you did was tell me that you knew me
What you did was made me feel like I belonged

So don’t tell me that you never knew
How every word you said broke my heart
I gave you everything I ever had to give
And all I asked in return was to take part

I guess I asked too much
And I cried as though my eyes bled…

Just once- I swear to God
I will only cry over you once

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home